XVII INTERNATIONAL CHESS FESTIVAL
Memorial of Emanuel Lasker
16.05-24.05.2009, Barlinek - Poland
Mayor of Barlinek, Barlinecki Osrodek Kultury
- Mayor of Barlinek - www.barlinek.pl
- Barlinecki Osrodek Kultury
- Office of marshal West Pomeranian province
AIM OF THE TOURNAMENT
- Propagation of cultural value and touristic of Barlinek.
- Commemoration of II World Champion, Emanuel Lasker (who was born in Barlinek)
DATE AND PLACE
Barlinecki Osrodek Kultury
ul. Podwale 9, 74-320 Barlinek
tel./fax +48 95-746-21-35
(Barlinek lies in 180 kilometres from Berlin)
PROGRAMME OF FESTIVAL
Tournament A - International Open for players with ELO ranking (the organizer can allow 10% players without ELO). Organizer assures participation in competition 6 titled players and at least representatives of 4 nations.
Tournament B - International Open for players with Elo or national ranking <= 2100.
Tournament C - Youngs International Tournament (born in 1995 and younger) The girls and boys separate classification under 14.
- Swiss system, 9 rounds in tournament A,B,C
- Tournament A: 90' + 30'' per move
- Tournament B: 90' + 30'' per move
- Tournament C: 90' per game
Total prizes: 16 000 zl (1 EUR = 4,4 zl)
- I - 3000 zl + Cup
- II - 2000 zl
- III - 1500 zl
- IV - 1000 zl
- V - 700 zl
- VI - 500 zl
- VII-X - 200 zl*
- Best women - 150 zł*
- + special prizes
- I - 1200 zl + Cup
- II - 700 zl
- III - 500 zl
- IV - 400 zl
- V - 300 zl
- VI - 200 zl
- VII-X - 150 zł*
- Best women - 100 zł*
- + special prizes
* - Bonds on shopping in Caissa Chess Shop www.caissa-chess.com
Cups, medals and material prizes for I-VI place. The girls and boys separate classification under 14.
- GM or Elo >= 2500 - free
- IM or Elo 2400-2499 - 70 zl
- Elo 2300-2399 - 80 zl
- Elo 2200-2299 - 90 zl
- Elo 2100-2199 - 100 zl
- Elo 2000-2099 - 110 zl
- Elo 1600-1999, without Elo - 120 zl
Open B: 80 zl
Open C: 40 zl
- 10% for participants of 16th Festival
- 10% juniors under 18
- 20% seniors above 60
- 20% handicapped
- Participants CAISSA POL TOUR 2009 5-20% - info www.caissa-chess.com
- Discounts do not refer to additional.
Additional classification charge for Polish Chess Federation : players with ELO ranking -20zl, without ELO - 10zl
ACCOMMODATION AND BOARD
Organizer has at disposal lodging about different standard and price and lodging is select in condition according to individual requests under conditions of earliest application.
Exemplary prices of lodging: Pensions 12 - 15 euro
Hotel Alma*** +48 95 74 63 553 www.hotelalma.com.pl
Limba***; Barlinek*** - 38 - 66 euro 2 person room
Tourism information center: tel/fax.:+48 95 74 62 874
Arrival and lodging of players. 16.00 to 20.00
Arrival and lodging of players. Aplications to 12.00
15.00 Opening Ceremony
15.30 I round
16.00 rounds II-VIII
10.00 IX round
15.00 Closing Ceremony
Obligatory applications together with accommodation orders should be sent by 13.05.2009.
- by email: email@example.com
- by phone +48 509 983 593 GM Juri Zezulkin (Festival Director)
- Application should contain the name, surname, date of birth, chess category and ranking and information about lodging.
Whose application will be registered after 13.05.2008 will pay additional charge of 5 euro.
Barlinek festival is included to "CAISSA POL TOUR 2009". More details on www.caissa-chess.com
- Simultan with GM (free)
- Chess lessons with GM, IM (free)
- Fischer Random Chess Tournament
- Party with grill (sausage and beer (for adult) - free for participants of festival.
- Sightseeing the Museum of E. Lasker .
- Excursion on lake by boat.
- Possibility of practice many sports: yachting, tennis, fishing, riding, cycling.